The mission of the Academy at HMS is to advance the education of physicians and scientists throughout the Harvard Medical School community by:
- Creating and supporting a community of leaders in education and a culture of excellence in teaching and learning
- Stimulating and supporting the creation and implementation of innovative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment
- Supporting educational research and scholarship in medical and graduate education
Link to Academy Programming
Educational Scholarship promotes scholarly research in medical education by:
- Sponsoring a Fellowship in Medical Education Research
- Fostering faculty development in research methodology and acting as a networking center for medical education research throughout the HMS community
- Studying the impact of changes in pedagogy, curriculum and assessment on quality improvement in medical education
- Serving as a resource for student research projects in medical education
The mission of the Office of Faculty Affairs is to support the recruitment, retention, academic advancement, and career satisfaction of our diverse faculty through education, service, communication, and timely recognition of scholarly achievement.
The Office of Faculty Affairs is responsible for the promotions and appointments processes at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine, works with committees that address faculty concerns, and serves as a resource for promotion and career-development issues. More info.
Our mission is to create an optimum learning environment that enables faculty to teach the art and science of medicine in the most efficient and streamlined way possible. The curriculum services team partners with course/clerkship director(s) and core faculty. Each course is supported by a course manager, course coordinator and staff assistant. See the team structure and staff directory by course/clerkship (eCommons log in).
The Program in Medical Education (PME) is the organizational structure for the education programs leading to the MD degree. Under the leadership of the Dean for Medical Education and the Associate Dean for Medical Education Planning and Administration, the PME oversees all aspects of medical education planning and policy. More info.
Online learning management system used by MD faculty to post course announcements, schedules, materials, assignments, quizzes, and scores. General inquiries about accessing Canvas may be directed to Education Computing.
Secure online data management system used by MD faculty for official evaluations and grades.
Tip: General questions about accessing OASIS, the system of record for evaluation in the PME, may be directed to Education Computing. All other inquiries about accessing evaluation data may be directed to Liz Peet.
Video platform that allows faculty to create and upload video content and integrate it into their Canvas pages.
HMS’s legacy learning management system for students in the graduating class of 2018 or earlier (succeeded by Canvas). Faculty can use MyCourses to post course announcements, schedules, materials, assignments, and grades.