The HMS Scholars in Medicine Office (SMO) supports students as they pursue research and service opportunities in Boston, across the country, and around the world.
Our office coordinates:
- Scholarly project graduation requirement for Pathways and New Pathway
- Funding for student research, service and conferences where students present
- Soma Weiss Student Research Day
- Graduation with honors
- Clinical elective exchange programs
- Medical language training
- Offers other student resources
SMO offers opportunities for HMS faculty to mentor student research.
Current students visit the internal sites linked below for the following programs (ecommons login required):