The HMS Scholars in Medicine Office (SMO) supports students as they pursue research and service opportunities in Boston, across the country, and around the world.
Our office coordinates:
- Pathways and New Pathway scholarly project graduation requirement
- Funding for student research and service
- Soma Weiss Student Research Day
- Graduation with honors
- Clinical elective exchange programs
- Medical language training
- Offers other student resources
SMO offers opportunities for HMS faculty to mentor student research.
Current students at HMS can access the internal sites linked below for the following programs (ecommons login required):
- Scholarly Project for more information on the scholarly project requirement
- Honors Program for information on applying to the honors program
- Scholars in Medicine for more information on clinical elective exchange program, medical languages and other student resources
- Global Health for more information on global opportunities for medical and dental students.