The HMS Office of Scholarly Engagement (OSE), previously Scholars in Medicine Office (SMO), supports students as they pursue research, service, clinical training and enrichment opportunities in Boston, across the country, and around the world.
Our office coordinates:
- Scholarly project graduation requirement for Pathways and New Pathway
- Funding for student research, service and conferences where students present
- Soma Weiss Student Research Day
- Graduation with honors
- Clinical elective exchange programs
- Medical language training
- Other student resources
OSE offers opportunities for HMS faculty to mentor student research.
Current students visit the internal sites linked below for the following programs (ecommons login required):