Gone virtual! Soma Weiss Student Research Day posters and oral presentations can be viewed on the Soma Weiss Student Research Day site. Ecommons id is required for access.
- Martin Prince Scholarship for Student Innovation - Jon Hochstein (London),
- Student presentations - Bliss Chang (Hinton), Ryoko Hamaguchi (Castle), William Mannherz (London), Alexander Ordoobadi and Greg Peters (Hinton)
- HMS Alumnae Paintings Unveiling - Pamela Chen (Peabody)
Soma Weiss Student Research Day is an annual forum where medical and dental students present their scholarly work and learn about the investigative work of their peers. The event, first organized by Harvard faculty and medical students in 1940, honors the memory of Soma Weiss, MD (1899-1942), an inspiring teacher and physician at HMS and an ardent supporter of student research. The day consists of a poster session and selected student oral presentations. It provides students with an opportunity to interact with faculty, staff, and peers from the greater Harvard community.
The following prizes are awarded for the best student posters:
- Elizabeth D. Hay Prize for Basic Science Research
- Judah Folkman Prize for Clinical/Translational Science Research
- Charles Janeway Prize for International Research or Service
- Robert Ebert Prize for Health Care Delivery Research or Service
- Leon Eisenberg Prize for Medicine in Society Research