COVID-19 Update: Staff members within the Office of the Committee on Admissions are currently working remotely. To contact our office, please email us at Admissions_Office@hms.harvard.edu rather than trying to reach us by phone.
A notice will be updated here when staff have returned to the office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are international students eligible to apply to HMS?
- Are DACA students eligible to apply to HMS?
- How many times can I apply to HMS?
- What are the required prerequisite courses for admission to HMS?
- Must I have all prerequisite courses completed prior to submitting my medical school application to HMS?
- Does HMS accept AP credit?
- Is online coursework accepted toward prerequisite requirements?
- Does Harvard accept the most recent, best score, or average of all attempts for the MCAT?
- Does HMS have specific eligibility restrictions?
- Where can I find details about Harvard Medical School's required letters of evaluation?
- What is Harvard Medical School's policy on providing application updates?
- Where it asks on Harvard Medical School's secondary application to list any online coursework taken, should I include online coursework I took due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
Application Timeline Questions
- What is the deadline for applying through AMCAS to HMS?
- What is the deadline for the HMS secondary application?
- What does the application timeline look like?