Forms & Tutorials

Please send any documents containing sensitive information to our secure file transfer site. Please do not send sensitive information to our office in any other way.

Students who wish to allow another person the ability to access/discuss their financial aid information should complete a Consent to Release Information form.

Application Forms

Financial Aid Forms


HMS Business/Farm Supplement - For students, spouse, or parents who own a business. Please include schedule C, F, and/or schedule K-1 and forms 1120, 1120S, and/or form 1065

HMS International Student Financial Aid Application - For international students or students with parents who live abroad

Fiancé/Spouse Financial Resources Application - For students who are married or plan to be married by August 1, 2019

Student Projected Year Income Statement - For students with income that is projected to be lower for the 2019-2020 academic year

Parent Non-Filer Statement - For parents who did not file 2017 tax forms

Monthly Cash Flow Statement - This form outlines parents’ monthly income and expenses

Petition for the Waiver of Non-Custodial Parent Financial Information - For students who wish to waive the collection of non-custodial parent information due to no contact with this parent. Please include third party letter

Sibling Enrollment Verification Form - For students who have siblings enrolled in college for the 2019-20 academic year

Federal Work Study Application - For students who wish to participate in the Federal Work Study Program during the academic year

Loan Forms


Loan Adjustment Form - For students who wish to add or increase their federal student loans.

Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Consent Form - For students who wish to apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan. This form asks for personally identifiable information and should ideally be faxed, mailed, or dropped off in person. If you must send it by email, password protect the PDF and send a separate email to our office with the password.

Title IV/Permission to Hold Form (Federal Loans) - By completing this form, you are agreeing to allow Harvard Medical School to hold and/or apply Federal Title IV financial aid funds to some (or all) of your tuition and fees.

Outside Scholarship Forms


Outside Scholarship Form - For students who anticipate receiving an outside award

Refund/Cash Advance Form

Students should complete a Refund/Cash Advance Request Form to obtain money for living expenses. Students may stop by the Financial Aid Office to complete the form or they may submit their request online.

First year students may request a refund for their fall living expenses in September. Students will need to place a separate refund request in January for their spring living expenses.  First year students have the option of requesting a cash advance in August upon matriculation of up to $1,000 (if living on campus) or $2,305 (if living off campus) to cover expenses incurred during the first month of school.

Second, third, fourth and fifth year students may request a cash advance of up to $4,610 in June to cover their July and August living expenses. Students will receive their full refund in September to cover their fall term living expenses. Students will need to place a separate refund request in December for their spring living expenses.

Video Tutorials