On-Campus Housing: Vanderbilt Hall
Vanderbilt Hall is HMS’ on-campus residence complex, also affectionately known as Vandy. Located across the street from the TMEC (HMS’ main medical education building), Vandy provides easy access to morning and evening events on the HMS campus, as well as a comfortable atmosphere where students may forge friendships, study, eat together, and relax. Vandy residents enjoy access to the following amenities:
- Private rooms for approximately 320 men and women, including accessible rooms
- Shared kitchens and bathrooms
- A library and study lounges
- An athletic facility with full-size gym, tennis court, racquetball courts, squash courts, weight room, and exercise and locker rooms
- Single rooms with connections for telephone and Web access
- A piano and music rooms
- Laundry facilities
Please see Life at Vandy for more information.
Moving to a city like Boston and finding a place after you arrive can require relocation savvy. Here are tips from current students:
- Connect on Facebook. Look for groups like the HMS class groups, incoming class groups, Harvard Housing, and Harvard Grad Market.
- Search on Craigslist (for roommates and rentals) and Zillow (for rentals).
- Take advantage of Harvard University Housing options.
- Understand the Greater Boston rental environment. Cost of living may be high, but you get what you pay for; Boston is beautiful, historic, and hip. Good housing opportunities go fast. Most leases start on September 1. Some students sublease during the summer months for short-term accommodation prior to September 1. Summer subleases are readily available on Craigslist.
Harvard University Housing sublets are listed on harvardhousingoffcampus.com; search for the listing type “HUH Sublet.” Read the important eligibility requirements and sublet policies at Harvard University Housing.
Questions?? Email email@example.com.