All scheduling of clinical clerkships is done on a space-available basis through the HMS Registrar’s Office 10-12 weeks prior to the start of each rotation month. Students with completed applications are eligible for scheduling. If you are assigned a clerkship, it is final. Requests for changes are not accepted.
Our clerkships are offered in four-week blocks and visiting students must adhere to HMS rotation dates as posted in the calendar.
- Due to the large number of applications, not all eligible candidates can be accommodated.
- Harvard students have priority.
- By including more choices for each rotation month, you increase your chances to be scheduled. During the busiest months, April to October, scheduling for international students is extremely limited.
- Faculty member(s) and/or clerkship director(s) cannot make special arrangements for placements. All assignment must be made through the Registrar’s office.
- HMS reserves the right to screen applicants for academic achievement, professionalism and language proficiency.
- HMS does not allow individual scheduling variations. Students must adhere to our published calendar dates.
- HMS does not maintain waitlists, nor does it publish course availability due to constant changes in enrollment data.