Eligibility for the HMS Exchange Clerkship Program
In order to be eligible for our program, all applicants should meet all of the minimum criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled medical student in the final year of medical school (within 12 months of graduation)
- Must be in good academic standing at an approved medical school
- Must have completed satisfactorily the core clinical clerkship requirements comparable to HMS core (minimally, surgery, medicine, pediatrics & OB/GYN. Applicants applying for psychiatry, neurology & radiology will be required to have satisfactorily completed core clinical clerkships in these specialties if prerequisite to advanced elective)
- Must be in compliance with HMS immunization requirements – HMS strictly adheres to these immunization guidelines. Immunization Compliance Guidelines
- Must be fluent in the English language including: conversation, writing, and reading (See English Proficiency under International Medical Students, below)
Those already holding an MD degree, or its equivalent, are not eligible.
All eligible applicants can apply for a maximum of three months of clinical elective clerkships. Our clerkships are offered in four-week blocks only and visiting students must adhere to HMS rotation dates as posted in the calendar.