Frequently Asked Questions
- Does including recommendation letter(s) or my CV strengthen my application?
- Are observerships available?
- If a Harvard faculty member invites me to attend their clerkship, is that allowed?
- If I complete the application, am I guaranteed to be scheduled?
- Can you tell me if a particular clerkship is available?
- How can I increase the likelihood of being scheduled?
- Can I get on the waitlist for a particular clerkship?
- Once I have been scheduled, can I change my assignment?
- Can I request to change the rotation dates because they do not match up with my school’s rotation dates?
- What action must I take if I can’t attend my scheduled clerkship?
Please note that the HMS Visiting Student Program is undergoing continuous review and improvement and is subject to change at any time.