Welcome to the Office of Curriculum Services (OCS) at Harvard Medical School. Our mission is to create an optimum learning environment that enables faculty to teach the art and science of medicine in the most efficient and streamlined way possible. We aim to do this by:
- Managing all logistics and services required for the implementation of a problem-based pre-clinical and clinical curriculum
- Coordinating the production and distribution of educational resources that meet course and clerkship learning objectives
- Developing policies and practices that streamline the administration of the educational program for faculty, students, and other administrative staff
- Creating a communication process that facilitates curriculum integration and informs program participants of educational policies, standards, and expectations
- Planning the strategic implementation of the new core curriculum
Teaching a course or clerkship?
Course Director and Core Faculty Handbook (eCommons log in)
Contains a course prep timeline, useful resources, information on writing learning objectives and staff contact information.
The OCS team partners with course/clerkship director(s) and core faculty. Each course is supported by a course manager, course coordinator and staff assistant. See the team structure and staff directory by course/clerkship (eCommons log in).