Welcome to the Office of Curriculum Services (OCS) in the Program in Medical Education. Our mission is to create an optimum learning environment that enables faculty to teach and students to learn the art and science of medicine. We aim to do this by:
- Managing all organizational and logistical components of a diverse basic and social science curriculum that emphasizes case-based collaborative and self-directed learning
- Providing central curriculum support to core clinical courses and clerkships, including academic policies, learning management resources and mandatory requirements
- Collaborating with faculty to discover available teaching and learning technologies, and design meaningful implementations in courses and clerkships
- Providing operational services to the MD program, including course resources, laboratory support and teaching spaces
- Designing and implementing continuous quality improvement (CQI) practices to promote engagement and strive for excellence
Teaching a course or clerkship?
Course Director and Core Faculty Handbook (eCommons log in)
Contains a course prep timeline, useful resources, information on writing learning objectives and staff contact information.
The OCS team partners with course/clerkship director(s) and core faculty. Each course is supported by a course manager, course coordinator and staff assistant. See the team structure and staff directory by course/clerkship (eCommons log in).